Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 Anchovy, rinsed of oil or salt, deboned
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons
- 10 tbsp Monini Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE MUSHROOMS
- 6 TO 12 large mushrooms, such as portobello, cremini,
oyster, porcini, or or hen of the woods, wiped clean and
- 1/4 cup Monini Extra Virgin olive oil
To make the dressing, blend the anchovy and garlic
into a paste in a food processor or mortar. Transfer to a small
bowl and stir in the lemons juice, olive oil, parsley, and salt
and pepper to taste. Set aside to let the flavors meld.
heat a grill or broiler, or preheat the oven to 475° F.
Lightly brush the mushrooms with the olive oil and sprinkle
with salt. If using a grill, place the mushrooms, cape side
down, on the grate. Grill 1 minute, then rotate 1/4 turn to
create X marks on the cap. Grill 2 more minutes, then turn the
mushrooms over and continue cooking until tender. test by piercing
the mushrooms with the tip of a knife.
If using a broiler or the oven, place the mushrooms cap side
up, on a baking sheet. Broiled mushrooms needs to be turned
every 2 minutes; baked mushrooms needs not to be turned at all.
When cooked, drizzle with the dressing (or just extra virgin
olive oil) and serve immediately. or let cool to room tempertaure