Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 (6 ounce) lean veal chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green pepper
- 3 tablespoon Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup sliced sweet orange, red, and yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup canned fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over
Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray,
and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and
cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove
chops from skillet; set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet
with a paper towel.
Place green pepper and next 4 ingredients in skillet. Bring
to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke
hearts. Return chops to skillet, spooning artichoke mixture
over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
or until veal is tender.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.