(makes 4-6 servings):
- 10 oz of a mixture of lean veal, pork and chicken, minced
- 2 oz of fat prosciutto
- 5 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Originale)
- 1 1/2 oz of unsalted butter
- 1 celery stalk whole or cut in half
- 1 carrot whole or cut in half
- 1 onion, small, whole or cut in half
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 10 1/2 oz of ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- 1 oz dried funghi (mushrooms)
- 1 small black truffle cut into thin slices
- 1 lb fresh tagliatelle or fettucine
Mince the meat together with the prosciutto.
In a large heavy pan over gently heat, pour the Extra Virgin
Olive Oil and add the minced meat and the celery, onion and
carrot kept whole or cut in half. Let the meat just change color,
it must remain soft.
Sprinkle the meat with two or three tablespoons of white wine
and continue cooking over low heat, allowing the wine to evaporate.
Add the tomatoes deprived of their skins and chopped and the
tomato concentrate, mix all the ingredients together and let
the ragu cook gently (very low heat) for 2 hours, checking occasionally
to see that it is not too dry; if it is, add a very little stock,
broth, or white wine.
Meanwhile, soak the dried funghi in a little hot water, squeeze
them dry and chop them into small pieces; cook the funghi gently
in a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
When the ragu' has cooked for two hours, remove the celery,
carrot, and onion from the pan. Then add the butter , funghi,
mix them all together and let them cook for a few minutes.
Finally, just before serving, turn the heat down as far as possible
and sprinkle on the sliced truffle. These must be stirred in
very gently and not allowed to cook; the Truffle flavor will
be stronger in this way.
Serve with perfectly cooked fresh tagliatelle.
If you prepare tagliatelle in advance and keep it in the refrigerator,
you can simply pre-heat in this way: take a large skilled pan
and put 4 tablespoon of Extra Virgin olive oil. Let the oil
heat (about 2 minutes) and add the tagliatelle. Stir frequently
for 4 minutes, until the pasta is hot. Serve immediately!