- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb chicken livers, cleaned, in small pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Originale)
- 4 Tablespoons dry white wine, or marsala wine
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed off
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- bread, either firm white slice bread, or a baguette (long
French bread) sliced into rounds
Sauté the celery, carrot and onion in the Extra
Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat, stirring frequently for 8
to 10 minutes.
Add the liver and continue cooking until liver is cooked through.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the wine and cook over high
heat until evaporated. Remove from heat, squeeze the lemon,
and let cool.
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for a few hours.
When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375º F.
Slice the bread and place on a baking sheet, baking until lightly
golden. Remove the toast from oven and spread with the chicken
TIP: You can keep the pate' for 15 days
in the refrigerator, in a food box with lid, and just cover
it with extra virgin olive oil.